- Just read this in the on line version of Freize Art News. All I can say is "she" cannot come up with a concept, a theory, an idea so no "she" will never be an artist.The artist often defines this aesthetic space through feelings. The process feels good for the moment. It is a euphoric moment; it is often defined as bliss.Art cannot be unique and one of a kind if the artists self isn’t one of a kind. Artists recognize how hard it is to create that one of a kind as it exposes the self and makes the self vulnerable.
- Christine Alfery, an Award-winning Conceptual Artist will be exhibiting with Artblend Gallery at Art Market HamptonsChristine Alfery, an award-winning Conceptual Artist from Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, will be exhibiting five paintings with Artblend Gallery at Art Market Hamptons which will be held at The Bridgehampton Museum.Lady Blue and Her Magic Cape - At The Circus, an acrylic painting on canvas by featured artist Christine Alfery, adorns our cover this month.So what is it for you – what do you value the most about being an artist?
- Art like science and technology is about discovery and experimentation. And I believe... that experimentation does mean not knowing what the end result will be.I actually felt the same way about his comments as he did about my work, which is interesting and very honest. Anyway just sharing the ups and downs, pluses and minuses of being an artist.Dissatisfaction is a queen divine blessed unrest and I cherish it in my work. I cherish it in my life.
- There is no doubt the aesthetic moments of beauty of bliss exist within art. But it isn’t a mindless moment. It isn’t a moment where we travel freely with no thought.Is one form of art valued over the other? I don’t think so. If they aren’t does that mean that art can be both representational and non representational? Yes. Does that in turn mean that art can be anything and everything? No.Not all things being called art today is art, rather it is craft, it is decoration. The distinction needs to be made or art can just be anything and everything and anyone can be an artist. If that happens, and I believe it currently is happening to the concept of art, then art is nothing.
- Art is about this type of discovery, both it’s expectations and aesthetic appearance and about the reality of the work after it has traveled through many phases of discovery and experimentation.8x8 acrylic and watercolor on paper
Interested in the original artwork or a print? Contact Christine for more information.
© Christine Alfery, Lac du Flambeau WI. Must obtain written permission for use.Recently I have been placing an umbrella in my work. Usually with raindrops and in the piece I am posting here with a rainbow. This piece with the red umbrella has a rainbow off the side. The umbrella represents the power within you that protects and shelters you and your heart and your soul. It is always with you. The…
- To conceive is to imagine, to create from your foundations something unique, original.Just to show you how things change when I am working. A while back I posted a rooster sketch that I did in Costa Rica.Discussions about art defining life are every where and have been for a long time. I reflect on art and life through individualism, personal individualism. No through the lens of a social commentary of individualism within a herd one of many but an individualism that defines through uniqueness and being one of a kind.
- The story is my strength
the story is His strength
In me, in you
the story is everything
tell your story.I am going to do a bird series. Yes, yes, yes the sky is blue this morning.It seems to me that the question "what is art?" isn’t the question to ask any more. Instead perhaps the question should be "what is art about?"
- I was going through the books and one I was published in had a couple of interesting statements I wrote. It is funny how things change but then again they never change.Joseph Gallery will be exhibiting the work of Christine Alfery at the ArtPalmBeach, Palm Beach County Convention Center from January 17-20. On display will be work from her current series "At The Circus.""Circus Diva” will be featured at Spectrum during Miami’s art week. You can visit my presentation of The Circus at Spectrum booth #105 presented by ArtBlend Gallery. Art Week Miami is from December 6-9th.