- "Queen of Magic" was selected as an exhibiting artist for the Confluence of Art Annual - The Pablo Center at the Confluence’s Inaugural Exhibition."Ringmasters Coat - at the Circus" was selected for inclusion in the 31st annual Northern National Art Competition, Northwoods Center at Nicolet College.Artist Christine Alfery has been invited to do a collaborative work /book of art and poetry with poet Ken Lauter. This book is sponsored by the Cole Art Center in Nocogdoches, Texas.
- Feelings do very little when it comes to the progress of knowing something – for they are individual and unique. Perhaps subjective feelings are the largest gulf between objectively knowing something and art, so how can art be objectively know.If art is anything and everything then it is nothing. If art is only related to the senses and it is the individuals personal senses and every individuals sense of art is right – then there is nothing right in art. And again art is nothing.I personally believe that an artist needs to think – to use her mind when she is working and creating. Using ones mind allowing for concepts/ideas to be formed and created is part of the entire process of creating a work of art.
- Land of Angels
Not touchedConrad seems to understand truth as life. “It is an attempt to find in its forms, in its colours, in its light, in its shadows, in the aspect of matter and in the facts of life what of each is fundamental, what is enduring and essential...”Gremlin green moss
Darkly green pines
Wind tickling glassy lake
Sun reflecting back at me
Soaring like a bird
- Our times have changed and we can no longer fight for just what we believe is right, there are tons of others out there who think otherwise; they also think they are right, there is a place for collaboration and a place for independence and I hold the belief that politics is a place for collaboration and not dogmatic independence.We love instilling hopes and dreams and desires into our children. Somewhere along the line we forgot to also teach them that they need to work for their dreams, and desires and hopes, they don’t just happen and no one can wave a magic wand and wish their hopes and dreams to come true.Conceptual art is all about art and art making. About art in the way that it always searches, discovers and explores. Conceptual is about ideas. Ideas are imperfect, involve memory and thoughts.
- Have you ever listened to someone sing and ask yourself, where in the world did that sound come from? I have. Usually the normal voice doesn’t sound at all like the singing voice. I think of baritones, that deep deep rich sound I say to myself comes from him?wheels
i think i can
i think i can
i think i can
what time it is
when she is ready
- The artist needs to think, to use their own minds, not the minds of others. This requires the artist, me to think, and to play, to identify, to grasp, to integrate and what I have identified with what is happening in the painting. This is not easy – this is a ton of fun and this is “art.”An artist needs to define themselves, what do they believe in what do they stand for, what do they want to say. I do believe that most artists will scream for their liberty, scream for their freedom, scream for their voice to be heard. But how does one find themselves and what they want to scream for?Should the values we give to art be subjective or objective? Not an easy question to answer. For many of my blog posts lately I have argued for the artists self – the individual to be in a work of art in order for the creative object to be valued and treasured and defined as “art.”
- I frequently get the question how long did it take you to create that work. My standard answer is I started it in kindergarten and just finished it today. The person asking looks and me with my very grey hair questioningly. How does one calculate the time it takes to paint a picture – a life time is a long…The true artist needs to be selfish. Since our culture does not provide an “easy” way for artists to survive it is easy for the artist to fall into the trap of making and selling what others want and like.