- That is difference that is what art is all about – and that is what finding the self is all about. I can’t create you, I can’t create a work of art and let you call it your work – it just doesn’t work that way.Artblend Gallery of Fort Lauderdale, FL will be the predominant exhibitor at this years Spectrum Miami Art Fair. Notable artist Christine Alfery will be among the top artists to be featured.Two words entered my playground this past week, one I was familiar with the other was new for me: minimalism I am familiar, with but maximalism I wasn’t.
- Art builds upon history and moves forward with a different ways of suggesting change, different in the fact that it is unique and not a repetition a historical recording of the present.A student needs to develop their own philosophy of existence. The task of finding their own philosophy will provide them with a comprehensive view of life that will serve as a base, a frame of reference for everything they do including thinking on their own.Is the failure of some artists essential to the success of a few? Is the failure of some artists due to their inability to set a goal and then achieve it?
- What really is the difference between art and craft. I know my work would not be classified as craft? Why? Perhaps because it is flat?"Telling the Story" YOU ARE A WINNER IN THE 2018 AMERICAN ART AWARDS... ...juried by America's 25 Best Galleries & Museums. Artists in 59 countries competed: Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Greece, Haiti, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan,…"Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity." - Will Smith
- The very first comment was that looks like Bob Burridge’s work. I was devastated. What did I copy someone?"Queen of Magic" was selected as an exhibiting artist for the Confluence of Art Annual - The Pablo Center at the Confluence’s Inaugural Exhibition."Ringmasters Coat - at the Circus" was selected for inclusion in the 31st annual Northern National Art Competition, Northwoods Center at Nicolet College.
- Artist Christine Alfery has been invited to do a collaborative work /book of art and poetry with poet Ken Lauter. This book is sponsored by the Cole Art Center in Nocogdoches, Texas.Feelings do very little when it comes to the progress of knowing something – for they are individual and unique. Perhaps subjective feelings are the largest gulf between objectively knowing something and art, so how can art be objectively know.If art is anything and everything then it is nothing. If art is only related to the senses and it is the individuals personal senses and every individuals sense of art is right – then there is nothing right in art. And again art is nothing.
- I personally believe that an artist needs to think – to use her mind when she is working and creating. Using ones mind allowing for concepts/ideas to be formed and created is part of the entire process of creating a work of art.Land of Angels
Not touchedConrad seems to understand truth as life. “It is an attempt to find in its forms, in its colours, in its light, in its shadows, in the aspect of matter and in the facts of life what of each is fundamental, what is enduring and essential...”
- Gremlin green moss
Darkly green pines
Wind tickling glassy lake
Sun reflecting back at me
Soaring like a birdOur times have changed and we can no longer fight for just what we believe is right, there are tons of others out there who think otherwise; they also think they are right, there is a place for collaboration and a place for independence and I hold the belief that politics is a place for collaboration and not dogmatic independence.